From hero to zero, and back again. Cotton futures, which turned from the best-performing major agricultural commodity in August to the biggest loser in both September and October, switched back to a top-of-the-table position...Read More
The table below shows the major ag commodity futures contracts, ranked by price performance last month, with some other assets, such as gold and oil, included for comparison. For commentary on the data, click here. For...Read More
Hedge funds expanded bearish betting on Chicago wheat to the highest in more than three years, encouraged by the worst US export performance in at least 32 years – indeed with the country said to be, unusually, importing the...Read More
Fitch Solutions sounded an upbeat note on sugar prices, forecasting them recording their highest average in 2023 for more than decade, spurred by enhanced competition from ethanol for cane. The analysis group lifted its forecast...Read More
The strong tail to Brazil’s cane crushing season is proving even more productive than investors had expected, allowing mills to achieve a year-on-year rise in sugar output for the first time in 2022-23. Mills in Brazil’s Centre...Read More
World sugar stocks will plunge in 2022-23 to an 11-year low, US officials said, as they hiked estimates for Indian exports, amid global demand growth expected to outpace the increase in production. The US Department of...Read More
- Hedge funds suffer, as cotton, sugar, cocoa prove top ag gainers
- Agricultural commodity price winners and losers for November
- ‘Very, very resilient’ coffee market to keep growing, despite economic woes – Nestlé
- Key world coffee market dynamics, as reported by Nestlé
- ANALYSIS – US winter wheat loses worst-condition-ever tag. What does that mean?
- Corteva unveils second takeover within 3 months in fast-growing biologicals market
- Brazil sugar 2022-23
- INSIGHT – What is the long-term outlook for sugar prices?
- Hedge funds lift short bets on wheat to 3-year high, amid US trade woes
- ANALYSIS – US wheat exports off to worst start since at least the 1980s
- Argentina soybeans 2022-23
- Brazil corn 2022-23
- Argentina corn 2022-23
- Commercial investors’ ag positions in numbers, as of November 22
- Hedge funds’ ag positions in numbers, as of November 22
No feed found with the ID 1. Go to the All Feeds page and select an ID from an existing feed.